Monday, May 5, 2014

Update Evernote in Wine on Ubuntu

Wine on Ubuntu has problems running the Evernote updates. You get something like: "Evernote was already installed by another user...." The 'find/remove regedit keys' method, described here, and here, did not work for me. I didn't find the reversed the digits in regedit. Well, I only use wine for Evernote. So I used this subtle technique to remove all wine installation. (Don't do this if you have other Wine apps you are keeping.)
sudo apt-get purge wine
rm -rf ~/.wine
sudo apt-get install wine
Then ran the Evernote installer as usual (from files, rt-click on installer).

3 comments:

  1. You should probably warn users that this will wipe out any and all other applications running under WINE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good suggestion. I've added a couple of sentences to make that more clear.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for that fix. It worked perfectly.

    Wishart

    ReplyDelete